Graduates in Speech Therapy may engage in professional activity, independently or work in interdisciplinary teams, in several places: hospitals; health centers; private clinics; centers of physical medicine and rehabilitation; local early intervention teams; kindergartens and schools; social solidarity institutions; nursing homes; integrated continuing care units; companies; training institutions; among others.
WHY CHOOSE SPEECH THERAPY AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized.
Practical classes at UFP’s pedagogical clinic and Hospital providing an unparalleled quantitative and qualitative clinical experience.
Pedagogical clinic equipped with the most advanced technologies and equipment allowing students to learn in the context of real practice and a gradual adaptation to the future professional life.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available to clarify your questions
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BSc)* · Duration: 8 Semesters · 240 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 4436/2017, DR 2nd series no. 99, of 23 May 2017.
* The successful completion of all curricular units and the approval at 240 ECTS confers a Licenciado (BSc) degree.
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES – SCHOOL OF HEALTH (polytechnic education)
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).