Full Accreditation, for 6 years, by A3ES (Portuguese Accreditation Agency), 25-03-2014 (link)
In accordance with the European Diploma in Psychology – EuroPsy – of the European Federation of Psychologists ‘Associations EFPA and the Ordem dos Psicólogos Portugueses (OPP)
Admission Exams (general regime):
Biology and Geology, History or Portuguese
Places (general regime): 60
Professional careers for students completing their undergraduate degree with a master’s degree in psychology are broad, covering public and private institutions in the sectors of health, school, education, community, organizations, business and legal (eg hospitals, health centers, clinics, schools, kindergartens, institutions for the support and development of people with disabilities, homes, day care centers, solidarity institutions, companies, municipalities, employment and vocational training centers, prisons and agencies of social reintegration).
WHY CHOOSE PSYCHOLOGY AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized.
Programs of curricular units with up-to-date scientific and technical contents and a great percentage of practical classes allow students to learn in a real context and gradually adapt to future professional life.
Quality of facilities and logistical resources. Schedules compatible with students’ professional activities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BA)* Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 12239/2013 DR 2nd series no. 185 of 25 September 2013.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the Licenciatura (BA) degree.
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).
Alumnus Miguel Santos is the Human Resources Director of the company Menina Design Group, owner of brands like Boca de Lobo and Delightfull
(PHOTO FROM “PORTUGALBRANDS.COM”)
Alumnus Margarida Soliz is, since 2012, Psychologist at the Administração Regional de Saúde do Norte, I.P. - Unidade de Alcoologia do Porto
(PHOTO FROM “INSTITUTOCRIAP.COM”)