At the end of the course, the graduate will be able to work in Portugal or abroad, in a wide range of activities and sectors such as: public institutions (city councils, ministries and general directorates, public institutes and technical support offices ); management and business areas; law; specialized journalism (political and international affairs); international relations departments; Political and diplomatic activity
WHY CHOOSE POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Updated scientific and technical contents, and a large percentage of practical classes, allow you to learn in real context and to a gradually adapt to your future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BA)* Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 12242/2013, DR 2nd series no. 185 of 25 September 2013, Declaration of Rectification no. 1238/2013, DR 2nd series no. 224 of 19 November 2013.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the Licenciatura (BA) degree.
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).