The Master in Physiotherapy aims to:
- Develop a structured and systematized teaching in the scope of the evaluation, implementation of intervention and prevention strategies in the field of sports physiotherapy, in the area of senescence and in the maternal and child area through a scientific methodology and a multidisciplinary reflection, aiming to surpass the training of the professionals involved in this area.
- Acquire a critical scientific spirit that allows developing and coordinating applied research projects in this field.
- Develop the ability to use laboratory methods and the application in specific professional situations.
- Develop the ability to plan, evaluate, manage and coordinate scientific studies applied to these areas, which may be published in scientific journals.
The Master degree is obtained after approval in the teaching component and in its Master thesis.
There is the possibility of granting scholarships for the Master in Physiotherapy – branch Sports Physiotherapy (specially directed to UFP Alumni).
Thursdays and Fridays: 6-10pm; Saturdays: 9am to 1pm
Internship: 150 hours
According to article 17, paragraph 1, of Decree-Law no. 74/2006, of 24 March, as last amended by Decree-Law no. 65/2018, of 16 August, may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to the master degree (2nd cycle):
- Holders of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, awarded after a 1st cycle of studies, organized in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process in a foreign country that adhered to said process;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, which is recognized as fulfilling the objectives of the degree of licenciado by the scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted;
- Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the ability to carry out this cycle of studies by the competent scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted.
Master in Physiotherapy: Graduation in Physiotherapy
- a) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in the scientific area of the Master degree;
- b) Best final classification of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- c) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in scientific area more related to that of the masters;
- d) Curriculum vitae and letter of motivation.
2nd Cycle – Mestrado (MSc)* Duration: 4 Semesters · ECTS: 120 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 4472/2017 DR 2nd series no. 100 of 24 May 2017.
BRANCH: SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPY
BRANCH: MATERNAL AND INFANT PHYSIOTHERAPY
BRANCH: SENESCENCE PHYSIOTHERAPY
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.