Economy, History or Portuguese.
Places (regime geral): 50
If you choose this course, you will be able to perform duties not only at the level of criminal investigation, but also in the consultancy and drafting of criminal policy programs, victim support programs, programs for the prevention and reintegration of offenders and penitentiary programs; support for security forces, courts and private security companies; training, teaching and research. The Criminologist can develop his/her professional activity in institutional contexts as: security forces; Ministry of National Defense; Immigration and Borders Service; Courts of Justice; Directorate-General for Reinsertion and Prison Services; educational centers; municipalities; educational institutions; research centers; victim support institutions; mediation offices; law firms; private security services and even as a liberal professional.
WHY CHOOSE CRIMINOLOGY AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized.
Programs of curricular units with up-to-date scientific and technical contents and a close relationship to practice, which allow students to learn in a real context and gradually adapt to future professional life.
Final internship providing an unparalleled semi-professional experience, preparing students for a better insertion in the job market.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available to clarify your questions
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BA)* Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 12236/2013 DR 2nd series no. 185 of 25 September 2013.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the Licenciatura (BA) degree.
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).