The course is taught in the Portuguese language, however some curricular units may be taught in the English language
Result of the accreditation process by the Higher Education Assessment and Accreditation Agency (A3ES)
Accreditation validity: 31/07/2025
A3ES Deliberation: link
This course is recognized through the registration in the FEANI INDEX, which allows UFP Computer Systems Engineering graduates to work as engineers in the European Area (link).
Graduates in Computer Systems Engineering may perform activities such as: computer system engineers; system analysts; analysts/programmers; application programmers; web developers; mobile apps programmers; administrators and/or database managers; computer security specialists; software project managers; network managers; information systems consultants; managers of information systems.
WHY CHOOSE COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Curricular unit programs with up-to-date scientific and technical content and a large percentage of practical classes allow students to learn in a real context and gradually adapt to future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available to clarify your questions.
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BSc)* Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 3934/2020, Dr. 2nd series nr. 64, of the 31st of March 2020.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies 120 ECTS, which confers the master’s degree, in the branches of Information Systems and Multimedia and Mobile Computing.
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
Academic Year 2021/22
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).
Alumnus Ciro Miranda is head of Site Reliability Engineering at Jumia Travel, an online travel agency considered the number one in the African continent.
(PHOTO: CIRO MIRANDA’S FACEBOOK PAGE)
Alumnus Nuno Pinto is, since 2009, IT Team Leader at Sonae Arauco, one of the world's largest producers of wood-based panels. (sonaearauco.com)