In the 2nd cycle of Computer Systems Engineering, in the branches of Information Systems and Multimedia and in Mobile Computing, it is intended to provide specialized training, both professional and academic, deepening the knowledge obtained in the 1st cycle and introducing new materials corresponding to advanced expertise, in order to:
- Toughen the technological knowledge acquired in the 1st Cycle of studies (Licenciatura).
- Train future industry and research experts.
- Encourage the effective and complete development of multimedia information systems and/or mobile computing applications using the latest design and software engineering techniques.
- Introduce and develop lifelong learning methods.
The Master students in Computer Systems Engineering from UFP will have advanced and specific skills that will allow them to perform the following professional tasks:
- Consultant specialist in information systems architecture, software engineering, multimedia and computer networks
- Engineer, analyst and administrator/information systems manager
- Software engineer
- Web/local/web application analyst/programmer
- Administrator/manager and developer of databases with local and Internet access
- Engineer, designer and programmer of multimedia applications involving vector design, image, audio and digital video and animation
- Administrator/manager/project manager
- Computer network administrator/manager
- Administrator/IT manager of an organization
- Technical coordinator or coordinator of the design, implementation and maintenance of information systems in industrial or service companies
According to article 17, paragraph 1, of Decree-Law no. 74/2006, of 24 March, as last amended by Decree-Law no. 65/2018, of 16 August, may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to the master degree (2nd cycle):
- Holders of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, awarded after a 1st cycle of studies, organized in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process in a foreign country that adhered to said process;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, which is recognized as fulfilling the objectives of the degree of licenciado by the scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted;
- Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the ability to carry out this cycle of studies by the competent scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted.
- Master in Computer Systems Engineering: Graduation in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Systems, preferably in Computer Systems Engineering.
- a) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in the scientific area of the Master degree;
- b) Best final classification of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- c) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in scientific area more related to that of the masters;
- d) Curriculum vitae and letter of motivation.
Degree: Master (MSc) * Duration: 4 Semesters · ECTS: 120 ECTS
According to; Dispatch no. º 12235/2013, DR 2nd series no. 185, of 25 September 2013.
BRANCH: MOBILE COMPUTING
BRANCH: INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND MULTIMEDIA
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.