This course prepares future civil engineers with knowledge and skills to intervene in the various fields of Civil Engineering, through a solid scientific, multidisciplinary and multi-purpose education, including recent development areas, developing a set of practical application of work of the contents of the various Curricular Units. For this reason, there are included in the study plan contents covering areas such as civil construction, engineering and related areas, project in several specialties, architecture and town planning, construction innovation, production management, safety and hygiene in the workplace, management and administration.
WHY CHOOSE CIVIL ENGINEERING AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Laboratories equipped with up-to-date technologies and equipments, which allow students to learn in a real context and gradually adapt to future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
The Welcome Team, created with UFP collaborators who are mostly alumni of the university, aims to facilitate the integration of the new students.
In-person (during office hours) or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
1st Cycle – Licenciatura (BSc)* Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 12165/2013 DR 2nd series no. 184 of 24 September 2013.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the Licenciatura (BSc) degree.
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
Academic Year 2021/22
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).