The 2nd cycle of the Business Sciences is organized in 4 semesters, including subjects in the scientific area of Management complemented with others that will develop transversal competences.
The first year includes a set of curricular units focused on the different areas of business sciences, with the goal of developing scientific, technical and professional competences to answer actively and creatively to the current competitive challenges. In turn, the second year offers a specific training in research methodology that allows the student to develop a scientific research work in one of the different domains of business sciences, under the guidance of a teacher specialized in the field, and which will culminate with the presentation of the master’s thesis.
As it is characterized by an in-depth degree of study with a concern for specialization, this Master has 3 main objectives: through a deep interconnection between the latest management theories and best business practices, using methods, techniques and management tools that provide to the masters a conceptual and methodological framework for application; to prepare managers with specific knowledge, encouraging students to develop their skills to identify and exploit the opportunities offered by the surrounding environment and expand their area of training already consolidated in previous academic levels.
This Master is intended not only for graduates in business sciences, but also for other related scientific fields – management, economics, accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, communication, advertising, international relations – who wish to update and deepen scientific and technical competences previously acquired in the 1st cycle of studies, or to complement and to develop competences in the different areas of the business sciences.
According to article 17, paragraph 1, of Decree-Law no. 74/2006, of 24 March, as last amended by Decree-Law no. 65/2018, of 16 August, may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to the master degree (2nd cycle):
- Holders of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, awarded after a 1st cycle of studies, organized in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process in a foreign country that adhered to said process;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, which is recognized as fulfilling the objectives of the degree of licenciado by the scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted;
- Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the ability to carry out this cycle of studies by the competent scientific body recognized by the statutes of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted.
- a) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in the scientific area of the Master degree;
- b) Best final classification of the degree of licenciado or legal equivalent;
- c) Degree of licenciado or legal equivalent in scientific area more related to that of the masters;
- d) Curriculum vitae and letter of motivation.
2nd Cycle – Mestrado (MA)* Duration: 4 Semesters · ECTS: 120 ECTS
According to Dispatch no. 12168/2013 DR 2nd series no. 184 of 24 September 2013.
Prof. Dr. António Cardoso and Prof. Dr. Luísa Ribeiro
Get in touch to be contacted by the program coordinator:
EXCHANGE PROGRAM/STUDY ABROAD
- University Fernando Pessoa’s students (UFP) who meet the eligibility criteria have the possibility of studying and/or doing internship periods in international mobility.
- Study periods in international mobility of students are carried out in higher education institutions outside Portugal, with which UFP maintains student exchange agreements under the Erasmus + Program (in the European area) or other existing bilateral exchange agreements.
- Information about mobility/exchange programs is available through the International Relations Office (link).
DATES AND COSTS
Applications and School Fees
Academic Year <span id=””>2021/22</span>
- I have never been enrolled in the higher education system
- I have already been enrolled in the higher education system (PDF)
- I am transferring from another higher education institution/changing course
- I already have an undergraduate or graduate degree
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.