Full Accreditation, for 6 years, by A3ES (Portuguese Accreditation Agency), 25-03-2014;
According to the European Diploma in Psychology – Europsy –, of the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations EFPA, and the Portuguese Order of Psychologists (OPP)
History or Portuguese.
The first cycle studies aims to provide basic evaluation and intervention skills in Psychology. By the end of this study level the student is expected to show basic skills, namely instrumental abilities (e.g., giving feedback and producing reports), interpersonal abilities (e.g., team work; criticism ability and self-criticism) and systemic abilities (e.g., adjustment to new situations, ability to produce new ideas; ability to study and learn highly autonomously).
WHY CHOOSE PSYCHOLOGY AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Updated scientific and technical contents, and a large percentage of practical classes, allow you to learn in real context and to a gradually adapt to your future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
Our Welcome Team is able to find answers to such varied questions as “Where can I find accommodation?” or “What metro line do I take to visit the historic center of Porto?
In-person or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
Degree: 1st Cycle Degree * · Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to: Registration R / B-AD-302/2006, DR Series 2 nr. 117 of June 20, 2006; Dispatch no. 18219/2006, DR 2nd series no. 172, of 06 September 2006; Amended with Order no. 12239/2013, DR 2nd series no. 185, of 25 September.
* The successful conclusion of all of the curricular units of the study plan of the 1st Cycle (180 ECTS) confers the degree of BA in Psychology and grants access to the 2nd Cycle (120 ECTS), that grants the degree of Master (in one of the following specialization areas: Clinical and Health Psychology or Justice Psychology: Victims of Violence and Crime), necessary to independently work as Psychologist.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: 26 FEB. – 13 APR. 2018
ADMISSION EXAMS (IF APPLICABLE): 18 – 27 APR 2018
APPLICATION RESULTS: 18 MAY 2017
CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE: UNTIL 25 MAY 2018
REGISTRATION: UNTIL 3 SEPT 2018
* Note: Non European Union Nationals that live abroad and obtain their Student Visa belatedly can register at UFP until the 30th of September 2018, latest. It is up to the applicant to catch up with the classes lectured until the registration.
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
SERVICES AND SUPPORT STRUCTURES
- Student Union
- University Sports
- Student Groups
- Tunas (students’ orchestra / band)
- Health and Leisure Academy (fitness, bodybuilding and group lessons with professional staff)
- Pedagogical Clinics (Physiotherapy, Dental Medicine and Speech Therapy)
- Counselling and Psychology
- Hospital of the University Fernando Pessoa
(Access to different services under special conditions)
- Ambulatory Oral and Public Health Project
- Support for applications for scholarships from the Directorate General of Higher Education (DGES/DSAE)
- Bars and Cantina
- Libraries and Study Rooms
- Internships and Careers Office
- Laboratories Equipped according to Labor Market Standards
- Distance learning platform
- Students’ ombudsman
- Personalized students’ office
Alumum Miguel Santos is Director of Human Resources at Menina Design Group, owner of brands such as Boca do Lobo and Delightfull.
(PHOTO FROM “PORTUGALBRANDS.COM”)
Alumna Margarida Soliz is, since 2012, Psychologist at the North Regional Health Administration, I.P. –Porto Unit of Alcohology.
(PHOTO FROM “INSTITUTOCRIAP.COM”)