Economics, History or Portuguese.
This programme provides solid and comprehensive knowledge in Political Science and International Relations. One can expect to get in-depth critical analysis of the world’s political, economic, social and cultural features, combining theoretical study with the debate of practical cases.
At the end of the course of study the graduate will be able to: understand the fundamental concepts of Political Science and International Relations; understand the great shifts in International Relations in the Contemporary age; perform a professional activity in the fields of Politics, International Relations, civil service and mass media; analyze, interpret and debate the major events in Politics and International Relations.
WHY CHOOSE POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Updated scientific and technical contents, and a large percentage of practical classes, allow you to learn in real context and to a gradually adapt to your future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
Our Welcome Team is able to find answers to such varied questions as “Where can I find accommodation?” or “What metro line do I take to visit the historic center of Porto?
In-person or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
Degree: 1st Cycle Degree * · Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to: Registration R / B-AD-296/2006, Second Series DR No. 117, of June 20, 2006; Dispatch no. 18214/2006, DR 2nd series no. 172, of September 6, 2006; Rectification no. 1539/2006, DR 2nd series no. 199, 16 October 2006; Amendment with Order No. 12242/2013, DR Second Series No. 185, of September 25, Declaration of Rectification No. 1238/2013, DR Series No. 224, of November 19.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies (120 ECTS), which confers the master’s degree.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: 3 APR. – 11 AUG. 2017
APPLICATION RESULTS: 17 AUG. 2017
REGISTRATION: 17 AUG. – 11 SEPT. 2017
2.ª PHASE (FOR POSSIBLE REMAINING VACANCIES)
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: 12 – 19 SEPT. 2017
APPLICATION RESULTS: 20 SEPT. 2017
REGISTRATION: 21 – 25 SEPT. 2017
BEGINNING OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
ORIENTATION WEEK (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS): 11 – 15 SEPT. 2017
BEGINNING OF THE 1ST SEMESTER CLASSES: 18 SEPT. 2017
* Note: Non European Union Nationals that live abroad and obtain their Student Visa belatedly can register at UFP until the 31st of October 2017, latest. It is up to the applicant to catch up with the classes lectured until the registration.
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
SERVICES AND SUPPORT STRUCTURES
- Student Union
- University Sports
- Student Groups
- Tunas (students’ orchestra / band)
- Health and Leisure Academy (fitness, bodybuilding and group lessons with professional staff)
- Pedagogical Clinics (Physiotherapy, Dental Medicine and Speech Therapy)
- Counselling and Psychology
- Hospital of the University Fernando Pessoa
(Access to different services under special conditions)
- Ambulatory Oral and Public Health Project
- Support for applications for scholarships from the Directorate General of Higher Education (DGES/DSAE)
- Bars and Cantina
- Libraries and Study Rooms
- Internships and Careers Office
- Laboratories Equipped according to Labor Market Standards
- Distance learning platform
- Students’ ombudsman
- Personalized students’ office