Full Accreditation, for 6 years, by A3ES (Portuguese Accreditation Agency), 06-05-2014;
Course registered in the Order of Technical Engineers.
At the end of the program, our students possess the required competences for the following professional roles:
– Consultant in the areas of IT, Software Engineering, Multimedia, Computer Networks, Multimedia Design and Web development.
– Engineer, Systems Analyst and Information Systems Administrator.
– Software Engineer.
– Application analyst/programmer.
– Database programmer/administrator.
– Multimedia applications designer/programmer.
– Web developer.
– Project manager.
– Technical coordinator.
WHY CHOOSE COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course.
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Updated scientific and technical contents, and a large percentage of practical classes, allow you to learn in real context and to a gradually adapt to your future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
Our Welcome Team is able to find answers to such varied questions as “Where can I find accommodation?” or “What metro line do I take to visit the historic center of Porto?
In-person or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
Degree: 1st Cycle Degree *(Bachelor of Science) · Duration: 10 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to: Registration R / B-AD-300/2006, DR Series 2 nr. 117, of June 20, 2006; Dispatch no. 18216/2006, DR 2nd series no. 172 of 06 September 2006; Amendment with Order no. 12171/2013, DR 2nd series no. 184, of September 24.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies 120 ECTS, which confers the master’s degree, in the branches of Information Systems and Multimedia and Mobile Computing.
ADMISSION EXAMS (IF APPLICABLE):
CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE:
* Note: Non European Union Nationals that live abroad and obtain their Student Visa belatedly can register at UFP until the 30th of September 2018, latest. It is up to the applicant to catch up with the classes lectured until the registration.
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
SERVICES AND SUPPORT STRUCTURES
- Student Union
- University Sports
- Student Groups
- Tunas (students’ orchestra / band)
- Health and Leisure Academy (fitness, bodybuilding and group lessons with professional staff)
- Pedagogical Clinics (Physiotherapy, Dental Medicine and Speech Therapy)
- Counselling and Psychology
- Hospital of the University Fernando Pessoa
(Access to different services under special conditions)
- Ambulatory Oral and Public Health Project
- Support for applications for scholarships from the Directorate General of Higher Education (DGES/DSAE)
- Bars and Cantina
- Libraries and Study Rooms
- Internships and Careers Office
- Laboratories Equipped according to Labor Market Standards
- Distance learning platform
- Students’ ombudsman
- Personalized students’ office
Alumnum Ciro Miranda is the Head of Site Reliability Engineering at Jumia Travel (1st ranking online travel agency in Africa)
(PHOTO: CIRO MIRANDA’S FACEBOOK PAGE)
Alumnum Nuno Pinto is, since 2009, the IT Team Leader at Sonae Arauco, one of the world's largest producers of wood-based panels.