Full Accreditation, for 6 years, by A3ES (Portuguese Accreditation Agency), 09-09-2013;
This course is recognized through the registration in the FEANI INDEX, which allows UFP Civil Engineering graduates to work as engineers in the European Area.
Physics and Chemistry + Mathematics.
This course prepares future civil engineers with knowledge and skills to intervene in the various fields of Civil Engineering, through a solid scientific, multidisciplinary and multi-purpose education, including recent development areas, developing a set of practical application of work of the contents of the various Curricular Units. For this reason, there are included in the study plan contents covering areas such as civil construction, engineering and related areas, project in several specialties, architecture and town planning, construction innovation, production management, safety and hygiene in the workplace, management and administration.
WHY CHOOSE CIVIL ENGINEERING AT UFP?
Our teachers keep close and supportive throughout your course
Highly qualified, differentiated and experienced faculty, nationally and internationally recognized using innovative teaching methods.
Updated scientific and technical contents, and a large percentage of practical classes, allow you to learn in real context and to a gradually adapt to your future professional life.
Quality of facilities.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
Educational success is achieved through teamwork. During your application process, and whenever you need it, you will have the support and advice of a team of professionals.
In addition to being academically qualified, our teaching staff is known to be very open and available. They will be here for you!
Our Welcome Team is able to find answers to such varied questions as “Where can I find accommodation?” or “What metro line do I take to visit the historic center of Porto?”.
In-person or a click away, our staff is professional and willing to help.
Degree: 1st Cycle Degree (BSc.) * · Duration: 6 Semesters · ECTS: 180 ECTS
According to: Registration R / B-AD-299/2006, DR Series 2 nr. 117 of June 20, 2006; Dispatch no. 18215/2006, DR 2nd series no. 172, of 06 September 2006; Dispatch no. 24340/2008, DR 2nd series no. 187, of 26 September 2008; Amendment with Order no. 12165/2013, DR 2nd series no. 184, of September 24, 2013.
* Successful completion of all courses integrating the study plan of the 1st cycle (180 ECTS) confers the undergraduate degree and allows access to the 2nd cycle of studies (120 ECTS), which confers the master’s degree.
ADMISSION EXAMS (IF APPLICABLE):
CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE:
* Note: Non European Union Nationals that live abroad and obtain their Student Visa belatedly can register at UFP until the 30th of September 2018, latest. It is up to the applicant to catch up with the classes lectured until the registration.
VISIT THE CAMPUS
Come and visit UFP, talk to teachers, staff and students. Witness the quality of the work done in previous years. Visit libraries, laboratories and dining rooms. Enjoy the green spaces and, take a photo with our Patron Fernando Pessoa.
SERVICES AND SUPPORT STRUCTURES
- Student Union
- University Sports
- Student Groups
- Tunas (students’ orchestra / band)
- Health and Leisure Academy (fitness, bodybuilding and group lessons with professional staff)
- Pedagogical Clinics (Physiotherapy, Dental Medicine and Speech Therapy)
- Counselling and Psychology
- Hospital of the University Fernando Pessoa
(Access to different services under special conditions)
- Ambulatory Oral and Public Health Project
- Support for applications for scholarships from the Directorate General of Higher Education (DGES/DSAE)
- Bars and Cantina
- Libraries and Study Rooms
- Internships and Careers Office
- Laboratories Equipped according to Labor Market Standards
- Distance learning platform
- Students’ ombudsman
- Personalized students’ office